Even though our coverages focuses mainly on baseball and basketball, the name ‘Big Three’ has a two-fold meaning.
First – The name Big Three Sports came from an idea our founder, Lance Brozdowski, had in college with two other friends, hence the ‘Big Three’ (shoutout to UMass Amherst).
Second – The term ‘Big Three’ in the sports world pertains to a ton of memorable trios, some of our favorites include…
- Maddox, Glavine, and Smoltz from ’93 to ’02.
- James, Wade and Bosh for a five year span on the Miami Heat.
- The Celtics trio of Bird, McHale and Parish during the 80s.
- The Celtics again, but this time with the trio of KG, Pierce and Allen.
- Lesser known Athletics trio of Hudson, Zito and Mudler in the early 2000s.
- Lastly, a deeper golf reference, the trio of Player, Nicklaus and Palmer in the 60s.